3.14.2007

March Madness

How appropriate.
We have managed to get some crazy fever/headache bug. When I say we, I mean Erin, Owen and Avery. Ethan, Doug and I are in the clear, so far. I feel bad for them, being sick when we are having the best weather of the year so far. We tried to get out yesterday and they were pretty good sports. Owen and I napped in the yard, and Ethan started a mission to pull up every blade of grass, one baby fistfull at a time. He didn't try to eat any, I was surprised. We treated them to a "get better" frosty.

On a side note, I have decided to run in a 5K in Granville in June. Training schedule begins on Monday. Wish me luck!
Doug's half marathon is quickly approaching, April 14th. He had made some unbelievable progress. His training has been going on for a few months, and he is able to run, well, really far. A half marathon is somewhere around 13 miles. I know that he is pleased with himself for setting a goal and sticking with it. (As a "small" side benefit, he has dropped about 30 pounds.)

We are all looking forward to spring/summer. Being the pool rats that we are, we can hardly wait for the hot weather. Doug and I decided that Ethan will be the baby at the pool who knows no fear and all the other mothers talk about how irresponsible his parents are for letting him act so crazy and splash their timid babies. The big kids are taking swim lessons so that I don't have to be quite so obsessive about their safety. Knowing how to swim and make good choices in the pool is important. Erin wants to go to summer camp, and I will be so much more comfortable with her going if she is a competent swimmer. It's pretty cool to see how much they have learned in just the few weeks that they have been in lessons. I'll try to get a picture on Saturday and post this weekend.

Ethan mastered the fine art of crawling yesterday. He is so cute with his sometimes wild and out of control movements. Again, I'll try to get a good shot of him sometime today.

I got an eyebrow wax yesterday. Looking less like a warewolf and more like a girl.

No comments: