Please read title with sarcasm. Thick sarcasm. I do a meager amount of actual cash-earning work during the first four months of each year. It has a little to do with one of the only two things that humans are ever required to do. To make that job slightly easier, I enlist the help of my trusty 'p-u-ter. I shall no longer refer to it as "trusty". Emily called me today looking for a good computer repair person. I told her if she finds one, let me know. I may wait to throw mine out onto 21st street until another time. Rather than freeze up, mine passes out. Yep, just decides it's had enough and takes a power break. A restart break. Don't get me wrong, everyone could use a little "re-do" now and then. I know I could...on a daily basis. But I cannot appreciate it when I have just spent the last hour inputing useless strands of numbers and information only to have it *poof* gone. I am working on my very last return of the year. What should take me only a short time, has taken all day. My hourly wage took a nose dive.
Where, oh where, has my little motherboard gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment