We are like toads crawling out of the mud for spring...The weather has been getting better and better each day so, off we go! Wednesday we went out on our bikes to the trail. It was a good time. The kids kept up nicely, and we did some paved trail and some "off road" trail. Ethan is a traveller. He doesn't mind the baby seat, as long as he doesn't have to wear his hat or helmet.
Yesterday we headed over to Denison Biological Reserve. It's 800+ miles of pretty intense hiking trails. We did around a two mile hike, steep hills. Avery fell in the creek. I guess that's not a huge surprise. Ethan was in the backpack with Doug, and he kept gagging. We couldn't decide if he was hiccuping or what. Turns out he had gotten ahold of a piece of stick while we were checking out some turtles in the pond, broke it off, and ate it. I swiped it out of his mouth, and he was mad. That little runt.
Afterwards we headed to Bob Evans and ate like hogs. So much for all the calories I burnt hiking. I'm getting a head cold. I really dislike being sick. I've already decided that I'm taking a nap when Ethan does today.
Erin and I have been enjoying softball. I really have fun with her and all the little girls. I'm trying not to get too bothered by the politics of it all. It's hard, though. Everyone should get a fair shake. The girls don't really care, but their parents do. Co-coach is a rough job.
No comments:
Post a Comment