5.02.2007

I can't believe I'm saying this.


We may have actually passed up the chance to sell our house. We had someone interested. Our first response was, of course, let's get things rolling. See what we can work out. But after a day of thinking, I called Doug. Told him I didn't think I wanted to move. Sure enough, he was feeling the same way. This is our home. All of the reasons that we had for wanting to move out are gone now. Since we moved in, all we have thought about is moving out, until recently. Now we seem settled in and finding our place. Don't get me wrong, we will still try to sell maybe next year or the following. This isn't for us long term. We want space, trees, yard, room to move. (A swimming pool wouldn't hurt either.) But for now, we are here...and quite content to be here. I really like the youth sports in Newark. We belong to the YMCA. We frequent the skating rink, parks and bike trails. We have our favorite places to eat and visit. We have lived in this house the longest of any house since we have been married.
Yep, this is home.
For now.

No comments: