5.19.2007

Race for the Cure



Well, here we are...before and after 3.1 miles. Everyone made it, without even asking to stop for a rest. I have to admit that when we got to the 1 mile mark I was worried. I thought we'd gone at least halfway. The sun was shinning, and there were TONS of people there (35,000+) Dad and Ethan cheered us on from the sidelines. It was a nice experience, and the kids had fun, I think. There were a lot of survivors there, you could spot them in pink. I was telling Doug that only the survivors wear pink just as I saw a guy walk by. I know it's a possibility, but I think that he maybe just missed the etiquette lesson. Some good T shirts were worn also. "save the ta-ta's" and "thanks for the mammories, see you next year" and lots of "in memory of" stuff. Pretty emotionally charged. We'll look forward to doing it again next year!

No comments: