
My latest project is underway. We have this old wood desk top that we saved from the world's oldest desk. It has hideous blue paint on it, and I need that paint off. Doug had claimed it as his desk, and set up shop in the front room, the landing pad room. A few months ago, while he was at work, I hauled the desk top, and attached legs, into the garage to overhaul it. I must have been feeling ambitious. Today I finally got some stripper from Home Depot. I looked for the safe to touch, biodegradeable, could eat it if you were in a pinch, stuff...no luck. I did find earth friendly stuff, but I am pretty sure if I were in a pinch and tried to eat this jug of caustic smelling gel....you get the picture. Anyhow, I just ran out to check on it, and it's working, albeit ever so slowly. Could be the 35 degree temperature in the garage that it slowing things down. Who knows. I'll keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment