3.26.2008

Tales from the Dark Side


For those of you who are unfamiliar with Prednisone...it has the ability to change an otherwise normal, happy go lucky baby into Jekyll and Hyde. This will be our dominant memory of the Mammoth Cave Adventure. For three days Ethan survived on Jelly Beans and French Fries. He threw an equal mixture of rocks and temper tantrums. We love him, and that's the main reason that he was allowed to return to Newark with the family. :)

A few other non-Ethan related highlights:
*In all honesty the cave tours that we took were unbelieveable! We didn't scratch the surface of the place and we were impressed with what we saw. Check out the slide show.
*We were lucky enough to see the Golgotha Fun Park. (What exactly about Golgotha was even closely related to fun???) And yes, there was a statue of Jesus. I'm pretty sure it was a putt putt place.
*We got to experience the KY Fun Park. I know what you are thinking, but KY in this case stands for Kentucky. Could've gone either way though.
*We stopped at the Creation Museum on the way home just south of Cincinnati. It was cool.
*I've decided that I'm going to open up a shop down there and call it "Knick Knack Paddy Whack".
*We just so happened to have three kids with us who love rocks. And Cave City, KY is packed to the gills with rock laden gift shops. We went to Big Mike's Rock Shop three times. They were in hog heaven.

No comments: