3.10.2008

We survived, but just barely.

Actually, I should wait until tomorrow before I make that claim. School was cancelled, leaving us home together for yet another day. Doug *that turkey* had to work at the firehouse. We went out to shovel out the mail box, but that got old after like three shovels full, so we went to Dawes and hiked the 1.5 mile loop. It was beautiful out, and by the end we were all sweating and stripped down to our snow pants and t shirts. It was tough though, because none of the trails had been used. So in addition to 1.5 miles through the hilly woods, we also had to contend with 12 inches of snow. We finally got into a single file line and the kids walked in the trail that I blazed. I nearly died. SO out of shape. Determined to whip this flabby pudge into submission by June. We pretended that we were lost travellers and had to find our car to get snacks. We had fun, despite the fact that we were all near exhaustion. Splurged on Gatorade and snacks in the gift shop. I think that the fresh air might just get us through until tomorrow. Forgot the camera or I'd add a picture. Use your imagination.
See ya!

Friggin blizzard.

No comments: