By way of updates...


- Steve has gone on to a better place. We aren't sure what we did wrong with him, but we sure did enjoy his company while it lasted. It was amazing to watch his transformation. He'll be missed.
- THREE more days of softball, tournaments start tomorrow. Actually three days is pushing it a bit. We will probably play tomorrow and Saturday. It's double elimination. Lately I'm wondering what type of person I am. I find myself standing in the outfield with my players and wishing that the little 7 or 8 year old up to bat will just strike out so we can get a move on. My heart will not be broken if we lose our first two games. I do not love double headers.
- We made the trip to the school uniform store. I had to laugh at the girl helping us. I asked her if the clothes would shrink and she said that there is so much polyester in them that they would survive a nuclear blast. Cockroaches and plaid skirts is all that would be left. Erin tried on all manner of skirts, shorts and pants. She has to wear specific sweaters too, if it's chilly. We made it home with three skirts, one pants, one cardigan, one shorts, four shirts and two headbands. Phew!
- Our new church is great! We meet more new people each time we go, and feel very welcomed. Doug has been mistakenly labeled as Skip the fireman. We are not sure how, but someone has thought that he goes by Skip. We were talking to some guy yesterday at a family picnic and I introduced Doug, and he said "Oh yeah, your the fireman...you go by Skip, right?" He he he.
- Birthdays are coming up! Hard to believe that Ethan has been around for two years now. His probationary period is over, and I'm happy to report that he has been promoted to permanent family member. We will keep him :) Don't get me started on the fact that Erin will be TEN. Ethan is browsing a toy catalog in the picture. He sat so quietly and cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment