11.23.2008

I have to be honest.

I find myself reading all of these blogs and thinking how boring my life is. I try so hard to imitate nearly everyone around me who is doing something that I think will make me more....something....maybe cool, trendy, exciting, desirable, the envy of someone else. What a sad way to go through life. We had some dinner with friends not long ago, and we were discussing some things, and I found that I could almost not be happy for them because I was so envious that they had stumbled upon something that I hadn't. And the truth is, there was no stumbling involved. Everything was so deliberate. I can't help but feel like they are in and I am out. I am a baby. Truly.
Does anyone else ever have that feeling? Do you ever feel like someone else is a better version of you? Let's encourage one another. We are worth knowing. The real us. If you are like me, you may have to dig down kinda deep to pull her out, but we are in there, somewhere. Keep looking, and let me know how you are doing. I'll keep you updated on me too.

PS. I like lima beans, and I love to read senseless novels. I am not creative, like I wish I was, but I am really good at copying other people's creativeness. So maybe I am talented. I baby Ethan too much. He is spoiled and bratty, and it's mostly my fault. Every night when he wakes up, whatever time it is, I go and get him out of his crib and sleep in his twin bed with him in his room. Every night. And you thought you knew me.

2 comments:

Kurt and Kayla said...

It is sad that we ALL deal with this at times. I really struggled with being jealous of you when you were first married and pregnant and Kurt and I had been trying for 2 years with no luck. It just shows you how different and special God's plans are for each of us. Here we are- 6 kids later. I like God's plans better.

SANDLAPPER said...

you!! the woman envied by nearly every other woman.