11.20.2008

Maybe it's just late.

I'll let you decide. The following is from my Statistics class notes, which I am working through right now in order to complete an assignment that needs to be submitted before midnight....tonight.

And I quote....

"Hypothesis test to determine if there is a significant correlation at a given significance level.
Determine the null and alternative hypotheses. Use rho (ρ), the Greek letter assigned to the population correlation coefficient in your hypotheses. H0 : rho = 0 (no significant correlation)Ha : rho ≠ 0 (there is evidence of a significant correlation)
Use the t-table to find t0 for two-tail alpha with df = n - 2 (since two variables) and sketch the rejection regions on the normal curve.
Determine the test statistic for r using the following equation or enter your data in L1 and L2, go to STAT>TESTS>LinRegTTest. Be sure to set the appropriate inequality (based on Ha).
4. Write your conclusion. If the test statistic falls in the rejection region, then there is evidence to suggest a significant correlation between x and y."

WHAT?????????????

No comments: