Our Governor, Ted Strickland, dem that he is, saw fit to send me a little postcard in the mail the other day reminding me that my driver's license had expired on my birthday...last month. I know what you are thinking, and no I didn't jump in my car that instant and rush to the BMV to renew. I did drive for TWO WHOLE DAYS as a fugitive. Avery and I went to Kohl's for new tennies for her and then to the library, and I managed to blow through a yellow {red} light right in front of a cop. I thought for sure I was in trouble.
Today Doug dropped me off to have it renewed while he and Ethan ran an errand. I cheerfully took #90 and waited about fifteen minutes. When it was my turn I ran through all of the questions and took the vision test {with the greasy forehead rest that I wiped with my sleeve}, and then ended up being five bucks short. SINCE WHEN IS IT TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS to get a renewed license??????? So, now I had to call Doug who was in the middle of Lowes. Wait for him to bring me $5 and then finish. Thankfully I did not have to take another number. And for my trouble and $25, what did I get? A ho hum picture. I do have to say that this picture is, hands down, better than my last one, however. My last picture {which I even gussied up for} looked like a hooker's mug shot. No lie.
No comments:
Post a Comment