3.30.2009

Proverbs 31

I subscribe to a daily email devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries. It comes each weekday morning and is just a short, relevant bit that I really have come to enjoy. I admit that sometimes I put them off, thinking I'll come back to that later...and sometimes they pile up. Such was the case this past week, but just this morning I was reading through some of them in my inbox and I came across one about condemnation. It says in the Bible, Romans 8:1, "Now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." I had always assumed this applied to condemnation from others or in regard to sin. But the author of the devotional today applied it to herself. No condemnation for us EVEN FROM OURSELVES. Are you like me, and do you beat yourself up? I wish I were a better {wife, mom, friend, student, person, listener} fill in the blank with your own thing. These are mine. Obviously I have issues ;) But this morning I was reminded that, indeed there is no condemnation for those in Christ. The good news today is that I don't have to be the best at everything, in fact I couldn't be if I tried. But what I can do is ask for help. I am good at that. I can ask God to continually show me how to use his strength to accomplish what I am not capable of doing on my own! I don't know about you, but I fall short daily, sometimes hourly. I don't think that this is an excuse to not try. But I do know that it is a call to stop putting myself down and start looking up {metaphorically speaking}. When I realize that each of my roles is for His glory, parenting, wife-ing, listening, serving, learning, etc. then I can see the long term-big picture and it's a new perspective. And you know what I think about that...super awesome. Fully Awesome if you are a fan of Bolt.

Read the P31 Devotional Here.

1 comment:

Beth said...

1. Became a fan of Bolt on Wednesday.

2. I passed right over this post at least twice. Until just know. And I know why...I did not need it until now. Thanks for your thoughts which more often than not reflect more of us than we even realize.