(Isn't that the part that comes at the end of a book that tells "the rest of the story"?)
I took my two speech finals, really just two tests, that covered the required chapters in the book. The $110 paperback book. I only had read about half of them, so I went through and wrote down all of the section titles, and subsection headings, etc for all of the chapters, both read and unread. If something seemed important, like a definition or a "Tips for" section, I added it to my notes. I then read over the notes twice. When I took the test(s), I received 45 out of 50 on the first one, and 46 out of 50 on the second. I was thrilled with those scores. Especially given my study stragedy.
Then I waited, impatiently, for my grade on the final speech. I emailed and asked when it would be posted. She said Monday, Tuesday at the latest. It was Tuesday, and not until after dinner. But, drum roll please......here are the results:
On the outline...58 points out of 60 possible. The class average was a 45.
On the Speech Delivery...160 points out of 180 possible. The class average was 137.
On the Overall Self Evaluation...20 points out of 20 possible. The class average was 17.
On the Outside Evaluation**....20 points out of 20 possible. The class average was 17.
**The outside evaluation was to be done after viewing a speech, in person, on tv or online and answering some questions about it. I watched Steve Jobs speech at a Princeton commencement. At least I think it was Princeton, who knows. It was on YouTube. His story is pretty cool. Check it out. If I already told you all this...pretend I haven't.
So the end result...out of 900 possible points for the class, I earned 752. Pretty great considering I failed speech 2. If there is no adjustment for weight on assignments, that's an 83.5%
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Never say die!
YEAH!! So...when are you going to start crafting again?;) I have some ideas I want to discuss with you now that you are not occupied with school.
Post a Comment