4.10.2009

Easter Ham.

We are having Easter lunch at our house on Sunday. There are many reasons that this excites me.

  • I enjoy having people over to my house.
  • I got to search the internet for a cute party favor craft to make for the kids. Ended up kind of just winging my own.
  • I have a perfectly valid reason for asking the kids to clean their rooms...spotless.
  • I can clean the house with a little more gusto than normal {which, let's face it, any gusto is more than normal for me when it comes to cleaning}
  • I don't have to cook the whole meal.
  • I have an 8lb Honey Baked Ham in my fridge.

It will be nothing short of a miracle if the ham makes it to Sunday un-picked at, or without Doug licking all of the glaze off of the outside.

Today is good Friday...take the time to reflect on the price that was paid for us, you and me, so many years ago. Today we thank you, Jesus Son of God, for loving us even though we are scoundrels who don't deserve it. Keep us ever mindful of your sacrifice on the cross so that we might experience your grace and forgiveness. Thank you.

No comments: