
I love the way the bathroom cab turned out, and the fact that Doug liked it so much he made the insane comment that we should do the kitchen cabs...
I'll never forget that...

I love these hooks in the front room. They are so practical and cute and someday I'll finish painting those numbers over them...

I love these pictures in the stairway even if they aren't hung in the best arrangement and even if the frames don't all match and even if two of them are color pictures and the rest are black and white.

I love this clock that hangs in the hall. It was a Christmas gift, and it just fits here perfectly.

Doug bought this lone pear at the store today. Isn't it pretty?

I love these pictures of the kids and the stars and the small black bookshelf that is just the right proximity to the couch so it encourages lots of "read this book to me" times.

And I love this light that hangs over our table because it was one of those u-g-l-y brass things that every builder slaps into a house and thinks it's cool since it's a "chandelier" but in reality it's the cheesiest thing ever. Anyhow, I painted mine black, and then got the shades for my bday and then at some point added this {very fakey} berry garland. But the colors are just right, and when I look at it I still love it.
It seems as if I am constantly complaining about what I want to change in this house. Truth is, it's a great house, and we are blessed to have it. It's big enough {which is saying something, 'cuz there are a lot of us!} and it's warm in the winter and cool in the summer...what else do I need? So in light of that new line of thinking I thought I would take some pictures of some of my favorite things in my house, and share that with you...and because I can't get my cursor to let me tell you all of this before the pics, you'll have to scroll back up to see them. Sorry.
What do you love about your house?
1 comment:
can you read my mind? i was just thinking of doing a "these are a few of my favorite things" blog entry & boom! you do it! (i'm still gonna, some day, maybe soon, maybe not)
i sent you an email 2 days ago? did you get it? it doesn't appear in my sent emails?
anyway, i have a few things to tell you so................... call me, don't be afraid you can call me, don't hesitate you can call me, maybe it's late but still call me, call me & i'll be at home (old song, sorry)
Post a Comment