6.14.2009

Sunday's Project


So I had this dress that I had bought secondhand awhile ago for my sister, and then somehow it found its way back to me. I tried it on today, and decided it was a no for future wear, which meant a green light for repurposing...
It has pretty embroidered details on the bottom, and it's lined. Both big plusses!


The pic below is after I cut off the top, and around the zipper...


I ripped out the zipper and stitched the opening closed...not pictured due to blogger only allowing five pics per post...how do I get around that? Other people do..
Anyhow, this is the armhole of the Pillow Case Dress that I was trying to duplicate. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I finally figured out the right way to stitch the lining and top fabric together. Well, that sounds like easy peasy, you say? Ha! Think again, it was a brain burner...but it turned out pretty...


And finally only one blurry pic that Ethan took of my reluctant model. Admittedly, I had no wide, white, satin ribbon for the tie at the top, only ugly red {which didn't match at all} and so it made the dress hard to love. Avery told me "mom, you know I will never wear this, right?" I will get the ribbon, and a more cooperative model like my niece, Rory, and get you some pics. Until then you'll just have to trust me when I say it turned out super cute!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

oohhh, aaahhhh, love it.
did you keep the zipper?