...then don't hem the skirts.


Just taking a break from burning off my fingerprints to check some of my favorite blogs. While I'm on here, I thought I'd share what I'm up to. Avery's uniform skirts are the ones that Erin wore last year. The same Erin who is three years older and considerably taller than Avery. While Avery was perfectly content with skirts that came to her ankles, I thought it wouldn't hurt to shorten them just a bit. I ripped the hems out, and ironed my fingers, I mean the new hems, and then pinned the crap out of the whole thing. Against the seamstress code of ethics, I stitched the hem in with my machine. I figure that a seven-nearly eight-year old is hard enough on clothing to warrant this utter disregard for sewing rules. And look, you can't even see the line can you Russ? {ten bonus points if you comment with the movie name} Okay, you can see a tiny line of navy blue stitching. But I don't care. Plus now I can rob an bank, and leave no trace!!! Fingertips are for whimps.
1 comment:
Natinal Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when they are hanging the Christmas lights...thank you very much.
Post a Comment