9.08.2009

the walking...

We do not have cable tv, or any tv for that matter. I don't say that to sound all high and mighty, but to explain why I read the newspaper everyday. {We do get that, we are not totally out of touch.} Anyhow, it seems that every day there is yet another tragic story about something, well...tragic. And today my friend sent a text saying that she is having contractions and is 1cm dialated with her baby who is only 23 weeks inutero. I am constantly reminded that whatever new ailment that I determine I have these days is nothing compared to what actual people are actually going through. I took a walk today and deliberately spent the whole time focusing on other people. Praying for the family from the paper who lost a 23 year old daughter to a car accident {this same family of 8 {now 7} children lost their dad just last June in a farm accident}. Praying for my friend and her baby boy, that he would stay put safe in his mama until he is big enough to be born. Praying for other friends and family who have needs greater than mine. And in that time of walking and praying, I remembered that I am loved by a God who created me and wants me to just love Him back. In spite of sickness or fear or pain. No matter what happens.
He feels the same about you too.

No comments: