10.23.2009

i knew it.

This morning I felt pretty good. I got an acceptable amount of sleep last night. Avery is feeling a bit better and Ethan is hanging tough. I even got a bit of cleaning done. Heck, we cleaned out the lizards tank for crying out loud!!! We headed to Wendy's for a bite of lunch from the drive through. Then we came home and I loaded the dishwasher. I just sat down to make a shopping list for Avery's party when it happened. What I secretly knew would happen all along. Erin's teacher called and said that Erin has a fever and headache. This would be no problem on a normal school day, as I would just run over and pick her up. But today is no normal school day...you see Erin is with her class in CINCINNATI on a field trip. They don't plan on being home until 6:30 tonight. After a few phone calls to Doug and back to the teacher, Doug is now on his way to pick her up.
So what do I need? Perspective. My dad called me this morning and I was sharing with him about the kids being sick and how it's just hard to keep up during times like this. He reminded me that he is one of 8 kids. Twice as many kids as we have...I cannot imagine. His mother must have been a saint! And they didn't even have GermX back then. Yikes!
This too shall pass, right? Right?
Until it does, however, I will be in the fetal position somewhere.

No comments: