10.07.2009

let's get saved, minivan style...

The kids have some friends that live two houses down from us. Owen shared with me that he asked the boy if he was a christian, and that he had said no, but he wanted to be. Owen said maybe he could come to church with us sometime, and so tonight both the brother and sister came. While I was trying to get six kids out the door and into the van after church was over {at 8:40!!} our super cute kids pastor told me that the kids wanted to be saved, and then she told them that miss jen could pray with them in the van on the way home. awesome. anyhow, we talked a bit about what it meant to ask Jesus into your heart {for elementary age kids} and how he can help you make good choices, and you can share about him with your friends and family, and how if you make a mistake {which we all do} that he can forgive us and we can learn how he wants us to live and treat others, and on and on.
I thought it was probably best for me to pray and for them to repeat, and so I asked my kids to say it too, so they wouldn't be embarassed. It was so cute to hear them all...and there was some rejoicing in heaven!
When we dropped them off at home, Erin said "see ya in heaven" and I heard Owen telling them that the streets were gold in heaven. It's amazing how much they just want to do the right thing, not argue over doctrine or figure out just which church is doing things the "right" way. I told them that we had a few extra kid's bibles and I would get one to them tomorrow. It's pretty cool to get to see them excited about Jesus and wanting to learn.
We are praying for them and their family...they might just be the light of Jesus to their mom and dad, who knows?

2 comments:

randee said...

thanks for sharing this -
what a great way to start my morning by reading this -
bless them -
bless you!


p.s. see ya in heaven

The mom said...

I love this story!!! What an amazing way to show your own children what it is to witness, not to mention the impact you have made on these kids! You are Awesome!!!! (and God too)