11.18.2009

Pilgrim

In Avery’s class each student is writing a report about either a Pilgrim or Indian.  I suppose eventually you run out of specific famous Pilgrims and Indians…so Avery is doing the Pilgrims of South Carolina.  I wouldn’t mind being a South Carolina Pilgrim myself, what with the weather there and all.  Anyhoo…part of the report grade is dressing as your report subject.  This particular project takes me back to the fourth grade where we had a Thanksgiving feast and dressed as the Pilgrims and Indians.  My grandma made me a sweet pilgrim outfit, complete with dress, hat, apron, and that rounded collar thing that tied in the front.  My sewing skills are nothing in comparison to my grandma’s back in the day, and so my version is much simpler.  For anyone who is an actual seamstress, this is Sewing 101.  For me, this was Quantum Physics.  I actually used a pattern and followed the directions.  I pressed seams open and used hem tape!!!  When Doug saw it, he was like “you made that?”  It’s that impressive!! {for me at least}  Where is the picture of this loverly creation, you ask?  Well, it doesn’t photograph well without a model, and since it doesn’t fit me or Ethan, I have to wait until the little Pilgrim herself gets home from school.  I’ll show you soon, I promise!

Projects 025

Instead, I’ll leave you with a picture of Russ, the wall-eyed dog.  He really is ugly…but boy, is he a hunter.  He is constantly stalking his brother.  He’ll lay on the other side of the doorway FOREVER waiting for Jack to walk through so he can pounce on him.  Ugly, though.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments: