11.21.2009

small and ugly…but sturdy.

November 2009 102

{at this point I am wondering if you are assuming that I mean me because let’s be honest, mismatched gray sweats aren’t all that flattering.  And what face am I making?  And that hair clip?  I’m a mess…}

 November 2009 091

Nope, I am referring to this beauty that I drug off the curb this afternoon on the way home from the library.  She is certainly small and sturdy…and U.G.L.Y.  {now that I have looked at it some more, I would like to clarify that in the above picture I am actually 1. praying that the paint that I am sanding off is not laden with lead and 2. trying not to breathe to avoid the dusty junk floating in the air around me just in case.}

November 2009 105

Here are the drawers which I doused with bleachy water due to the mouse poo that was in them.  I’ll be totally covering these babies in paint.  Toxic fume-y paint that will kill all nasties.

Anyhoo, I can’t wait to finish her!  Already the kids are lining up to give their reasons why this desk needs to belong to them.  Little do they know that as soon as I spotted her, I had plans…AND I will not paint it black.  {mostly due to the fact that I am out of black paint, not because I have lost my fervor}

No comments: