The countdown has begun here. T-minus 11 days, and counting. Santa is coming on the 23rd…and it won’t be a moment too soon! I can hardly wait to dish out the gifts. I have already caved and given Ethan one {or two}. We finally put the ornaments on the tree today, which went well until everyone started arguing about who was touching their ornaments, and which one belonged to me, and stop you are going to break that, and merry friggin’ christmas.
I wanted to bake something today, mostly so I could then eat it…like buckeyes. But I had no supplies and even less desire to drag 4 kids to the store for powdered sugar, chocolate chips and toothpicks. Tomorrow.
I cleaned the microwave today. And cleaned out the shoe closet. And washed the canisters on the kitchen counter. You are so jealous of me.
Russ is going to his new home tomorrow. Coincidentally, the dad who is taking Russ, intends to give him to his son, Owen, for Christmas. {must be a sign, right? I thought so too.} Russ will be the only dog at his new home, and will be in HOG HEAVEN. I’ll miss him a bit, mostly because he likes to stalk Jack around corners in the house, and he a stupid fast runner. But this is a necessary move. I was on the brink dealing with 2 dogs and the kids were ok with keeping Jack.
I listed Russ on Craigslist, in a very nice, well thought out, thorough post. We had A TON of emails about him, mostly because we have shelled out all the cash for shots and neutering and all…and I didn’t want to ask any money for him. A free dog is a popular dog.
Any emails that came in about Russ that contained horrid spelling or grammar…so sorry…delete. Because we all know that proper grammar is essential to dog ownership. Hey, it’s my dog and I’ll discriminate if I want to. One person even tried to use lots of caps and periods to show how serious she was:
I.WANT.RUSS.HE.IS.SO.CUTE.
Um, no. Sorry. Just guessing here, but maybe some 22 year old who thinks a dog would be fun to buy sweaters for. Oh what, he needs to eat? But I am going to Windsor…he will be fine here for a few days on his own right?…but my BFF and I have been planning this trip for two whole weeks!!! {ps, I did put a very handsome photo of Russ in the listing}.
I told the only two emailers that were even remotely acceptable potential owners that Russ would not do well to be “tied up” outside, since we have the invisible fence, and that I didn’t want him crated all day while they were at work. I was picky, and intend to revoke the deal tomorrow if the dad getting him seems weird at all. I’ll just tell Doug to tell him that the kids are crying hysterically. Russ cannot leave.
I’ll let you know how it pans out.
Did you know that it’s like 85 degrees in Key West Florida right now? I’ve been there at Christmas time…and would love to move there right now. My bones are cold.
Tidings of comfort and joy.
1 comment:
POOR DOGGIE HE IS BEING REHONED
Post a Comment