I realize that many of you have remained on the edge of your seats just waiting for the desk picture, so I will start with that so you can sit back and relax :o)
Has Owen sat here and did his homework even once…I don’t think so. But it looks cute. I would love it with silver handles but I only had white. I had to kick a bunch of his junk out of the way to take this picture. My children are not naturally neat and tidy.
Which brings me to my next project/set of photos.
Doug took an old desk top and tall bookshelf and cut each one in half to make Erin and Avery each a built in desk/hutch. They still need painted, but the need to have this separate space was greater than the need for color coordinated-ness.
This is Erin’s side.
And this is the rat’s nest where they both sleep. I think they might be happier with shredded newspaper and toilet paper tubes. At least I would not want to choke both of them when I go in their room.
See the desks over there? One on each side of the window seat (that needs painted since it still bears the previous minty green color of the room.)
This is the view from the hallway going into their room. So creative, those girls. And messy. Yes, that is a hula skirt and a grocery bag. And the signs on the door say:
I’m with the band
If it’s too loud, You’re too old! (which is directed at their dad)
Snowflakes hanging in the entrance. Two sleeping bags on the floor.
Closet side with a shotgun and a pile of (presumably dead from said shotgun) stuffed animals.
Avery’s desk side. That white shelf on the floor is my fault. I took it down and have not rehung it yet. Those two frames with the pink are too far apart, aren’t they?
Erin’s side (who’da guessed?)
Maybe someday they will be cleaner. Or care about being messy. Or move off to college.
We braided wet hair a few nights ago so that we could have wavy locks for school the next day. Sorry…no after pictures. They were cute, though. Peace.
Ethan took several pictures Saturday night. Most were of himself, chin on the table.
Ethan with his “pocket knife” which appear to be nail clippers to the untrained eye. Don’t get on his bad side, though…
He was shuffling through some stuff today and found this. He used it as a “bandage'” for his arm. Don’t laugh at him or he will punch your face off.
Or shoot you.
2 comments:
ethan is so going to kill you when grows up. that is a riot.
i did not realize the girls room was so pink. where have i been.
desk...have you thought about spray paint? there is some awesome silver/brushed nickel colors out right now.
I can't believe that pic of Ethan. Too funny. That's blackmail material.
Post a Comment