We are having an egg hunt in our yard this Saturday. Several families that we go to church with live in our neighborhood and we each invited the people who live around us with kids. The girls are helping me with the egg counting. We need 1000 candy filled eggs…we are at 675. I hope that a lot of people come and that it’s fun. Erin and a friend are going to do face painting and other than the egg hunt it will just be mingling and chatting. I am sorry to say that I don’t really know that many people who live around me. This is a good reason to introduce myself.
Total change of subject…I have decided to address the stairs this summer. If you remember, I ripped up the carpet in a fit of passion last fall and painted them black. I don’t regret it one bit, but as you can see in the pics, the paint is coming off the stair tread parts. So the plan is this: I will sand and stain the treads, re-paint the risers and then give everything a good coat of poly to protect from serious scratches. I’ll have to sacrifice my numbers, which I love, but I can make more and re-apply. I am also planning on asking Doug to do the board and batten thing on the stair wall going up for my birthday. Yes, I know that it is in December…but big wood and paint projects cannot be done in the winter. I have seen an awesome picture of one just like what I want in Better Homes and Gardens mag. I don’t have the pic but I think I can explain it to him. It will all look good when it’s done…but in the meantime it’s pretty rough.
I am almost out of white vinyl for the cricut. It’s a good thing too.
Do these look like snowflakes or just a cool retro starburst shape?
No comments:
Post a Comment