I have to admit that blogging has lost it’s magic for me. I don’t know why, perhaps it’s the sunshine that calls me outside. Last week during the two or three days that it was nearly 70 degrees, I did wash and dry our clothing, but deliberately did not fold. I admitted this to Doug when he came home from work, and he kindly helped me fold the mountain of laundry that had accumulated on our bed so we could sleep in it that night. Do you have four kids? Then you know just how much laundry I am talking about. Times that by 1.5, because it is obviously a crime to wear your school uniform for more than 6 seconds after you get home from school, thus requiring the dirtying of another entire outfit for the four hours between 4pm and bedtime. But I digress.
I do still get onto my blog and check out some of my favorites. I love to read up on what my dear friends are doing and check out some of the crafty blogs. But that is usually as far as it gets. Sorry. Look for me less and less as the weather gets nice. Well, you can look for me, but it would be best to come over to my house and look for me in the back yard.
Speaking of back yard, ours is a mine field of dog poop. One whole winter’s worth to be exact. If it doesn’t dry up soon it’s gonna be ugly. I promised the kids that I was going to get them some shirts to wear when they were on poo duty. Their company name is going to be either:: The Poo Crew or The Turd Herders. I enjoy both of those names so much that I can’t decide. We are even thinking up names for each of the kids, you know for the front of the shirts like real employees. So far we have for Erin “Head Herder”, and for Ethan “Little Shit”. Yes, I just typed a cuss. It was necessary, although I don’t think that we will actually have that printed up on a shirt for him. We may censor it to “Little Squirt” which is not as funny or accurate. So far no really great inspiration for either Owen or Avery. Let me know if you think of something.
Owen and Avery participated in their school talent show. Doug had to work so Grandpa Bob, Grandma Kim, Grandpa Rondy and Aunt Annette come down to join me in the crowd. Avery cheered her heart out with the mini cheerleaders. They performed their cheers from the camp that they had the week before. I may have birthed a cheerleader yet! Owen played a drum solo. SOLO!! If you know Owen at all, then you know that anything in front of a crowd goes against the fabric of his very being. We were so surprised when he said that he was going to sign up. He did an extra drum lesson for two weeks so his instructor could help him prepare something to play. The gym was packed and he looked cute in his polo and hoodie with his sticks and big earphone thingies. He started off great but paused for about three seconds in the middle. Showing great determination he picked back up and continued until the end. The two front rows were full of third and fourth grade girls screeching his name and cheering for him. One fourth grade mom behind me said “you know he is the favorite boy…” The MC said “apparently Owen has his own fan club!” Afterward he needed to have a moment to gather himself as I imagine it was a pretty emotional high for him. Again, being up front is not something that comes easily to Owen. He was upset because the drums had been jacked with and were not in the right place which is what caused the pause. I think that he was frustrated because he knew his stuff! He had practiced and darn it, he knew it!! The next morning he got up and played it through with out stopping and shouted “did you hear that mom? I played the whole thing!” I was bummed for him but we just reminded him that 90% of the people in that audience would not have had the man parts to even get on the stage ALONE and do anything. We were proud, no matter what. And truthfully, if you didn’t know that there was not supposed to be a pause in the solo, you wouldn’t have known that he messed up. But he knew and it upset him. It’s safe to say that he is over it. He still wants to play and so he’s not scarred for life. That’s good.
Pictures, for those of you who are visual learners.
Then I was like “huh?”
The basket ball hoop came out as the last remnants of dirty snow were melting…
dog.
I enjoy the fact that Ethan can now pee outside.
For some reason Avery will not smile for a picture with her teeth showing. Even if it makes her face all contorted like this. Last year I had to write on the photographer’s money envelope for school pictures “Please tell Avery that her mom wants her to show her teeth when she smiles. Thank you.” She has really nice teeth too.
Homework in the car. All you teacher friends…don’t hate.
What?
See??!!! Show your teeth!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment