When I was dropping Erin off at soccer practice the other day I noticed a huge dumpster behind the school full of goodies. These two babies were on top…fate brought us together. I called the school the next morning to see if they belonged to anyone. The girl on the phone acted like I was a little crazy but she said that if I wanted anything in the dumpster, I could have it. I waited for Doug to get home and then we hurried over. I was so excited to see that they were still there.
This one is too ratty to bring in the house and probably has six layers of lead based paint on it, so we hung it on the wall in the garage and I slapped a coat of paint on it. I don’t have it all organized yet, so no “after” pictures…give me the weekend to finish. It’s four feet high and eight feet long.
This baby is awesome! It’s also about eight feet long, and it’s on casters and it’s double sided. The shelves you see on this side have twins on the other side. I cleaned this up and helped Doug put it in the front room. I told him I was going to tell you all how much grief he has given me about this. I believe he called it a “monstrosity.” It IS huge. But I don’t care. Again, I don’t have it just like I want it yet, so no after pics. Patience.
Also he said I needed to stop dragging home stray furniture, that our house was beginning to be the island of misfit toys…but for shelves and tables. He can zip it. This is a rare gem, and it was totally free. You are my friends, you get it. Don’t you?
No comments:
Post a Comment