5.17.2010

bed monster, skirt, momma cardinal, stairs

May 2010 010

This may or may not be the reason Doug and I are waking up feeling like we slept in the pretzel pose.

 

Yesterday I was feeling yucky from some antibiotics I have been taking so I decided a little project might help my spirits.  Doug has this shirt that he has never worn.  It’s very pretty (maybe that’s why he hasn’t worn it).  I decided it would make a great skirt, and so I started by cutting off the sleeves…

May 2010 018

and cutting off the top, being careful to save the cute pockets…

May 2010 021

Cut a tiny bit of an a-line in the sides and stitched it all up.  I added a waistband that I made from the sleeves.  The plan was to slap some elastic in here. 

May 2010 027

Very cute!

May 2010 028

A little of the yoke still shows on the back too.

May 2010 029

And then I tried it on.  Um…no.  It was super tight even though I made it as big as possible.  Like button puckering tight.  Hooker tight.  So today I took it all apart, and I am going to get some pretty turquoise material to make some extra panels for a little added width.

 

Momma cardinal is still patiently waiting for her eggs to hatch.  It’s very windy here today which meant that I could get some good pictures of her when the bush swayed.

May 2010 033

I finally, after only 9 months, finished the carpet at the top of the steps.

May 2010 002

It will, in fact, take me 26 years to sand all of the paint off the treads on the stairs.  But I know that I will be happy with stain rather than paint.  26 years from now.

May 2010 007

No comments: