5.31.2010

Let it begin.

Board and Batten 2010 007

The pictures are bad…but the feeling is good!  We started the board and batten today!!!!

I went to Home Depot today and had the most unlucky kind employee help me.  He got my sheets of MDF down and then cut them into strips for me.  One 4x8 sheet cut into four inch strips for the horizontal pieces, one 4x8 sheet cut into two inch strips for the vertical parts.  I told him he was going to be sorry for asking me if I need help with anything.  It was about a million cuts.

Board and Batten 2010 001

Doug helped with these long pieces.  He showed me how to use the chop saw and nail gun.  We worked out some of the tricky spots together, like what to do at the baseboard and what to do around the thermostats. 

Board and Batten 2010 002

See those two tiny pieces?  I cut those and nailed them into place. 

Board and Batten 2010 003

Once everything has a final coat of paint, it should look really good, a nice creamy white for the lower half and a fresh coat of the current color for the top part.  I am super excited about how it looks right now and it’s half primed and half hung.  Imagine how I’ll be when it’s done!!!

Board and Batten 2010 005

Downside:  Doug works tomorrow and Wednesday during the day.  I’ll have to settle for priming and waiting until Thursday (unless I get squirrely and get out the tools)…

Stay tuned!

No comments: