7.15.2010

The story of Jack and Emily.

Today Jack, Owen and I went to meet Jack’s new owner, Emily.  She had responded to the ad for Jack and seemed like a good fit.  We exchanged several emails and had two phone conversations, and finally agreed to meet today.  After meeting her I feel so good about the decision.  She is young, a nurse, no kids or dogs for me to worry about Jack biting.  She was so excited about Jack and he only barked at her a few times.  When it was time to go, Jack went with her…tail wagging.  She will be good to him.

She is going on vacation in three weeks and so I offered to take Jack for her while she is gone.  She was concerned that he would be all out of whack getting a new home and then going to a kennel all so quickly.  I talked to Doug about it, and he agreed, so I mentioned it to Emily.  She thinks it’s a great idea, and so we will have a week long visit with Jack soon.  None of the kids were sad at all, but it might make the transition a little slower and easier.

Lesson learned, by the way.  I don’t know what all this says about me as a person, but I have always known that I was fairly impulsive.  From now on I need to limit my impulsiveness to non living things.

No comments: