8.20.2010

day two comes to an end.

Today went well.  It was fun to see the kids a few times during the day, and I stayed busy all day doing random things.

I monitored a recess while the teacher went to the bathroom.  I passed out two million papers that needed to be sent home today.  I was totally alone and in charge of the office for about thirty minutes while both of the other office girls were out.  The phone only rang once *phew*.  I laminated the cutest little angry peanut signs for the “peanut free” classrooms.  The nut had angry eyebrows and his hands on his hips…super cute.

The day ended just in time.  I ran out of work and my back started to hurt.

When we came home Doug had dinner ready again today *awesome* and we had really, really good chicken caesar salads and garlic bread.

After dinner I read some books to Ethan, with Owen and Erin sitting on the couch listening to I Want to be a Firefighter, Pocohontas, Just Me and My Dad, and My Big Truck Book.  Hmmm, must have been a dry reading day at school for them to be interested in this kind of quality literature. :o)

When the reading ended, Avery and I got to work on her weekend project.  She is the Star Student next week, which means that she gets a feature on the closet door.  She brought home some instructions and a big piece of paper.  It was a really nice excuse to spend some time with just her.  We used a questionnaire that we had filled out with some of her favorites, etc.  She wanted to include some pictures as well.  I did the tracing and some of the writing; Avery did the face and drawing.  It was a fun project and she told me she wished that school was tomorrow.  Here are some pictures of the finished project.

August 2010 010 August 2010 006 August 2010 008

I should mention that the reason the paper Avery has no clothes on is because she is going to wear some of the real Avery’s actual clothes, but we couldn’t get them to stay taped up with just scotch tape.

August 2010 009

No comments: