9.14.2010

worker bee.

I am a busy bee.  Lately my days go as follows ::

Hit snooze as many times as possible before Doug threatens to just shut the alarm off.  Or until the alarm just decides to stop trying on its own.

Get ready, nag kids to get ready, coffee, lunches, wonder how the 45 minutes between 7am and 7:45am can possibly have passed that quick.

Head to school, answer phones, schlep stuff, type, deliver, ask, chat, eat, sit, stand, walk.

Head home, remind kids to “take all of your stuff in out of the car”, eat/fix dinner, homework help, soccer chauffer, gymnastics chauffer, misc household chores, hang out with Ethan.

Watch an episode or two or four of Arrested Development (if Doug is working).

Read some and talk to Doug (usually for the first time that day) if he is home.

Bed.

Repeat.

I don’t know if I have said it here or not yet, but I feel really good about this job.  I don’t love that Ethan is still home, but I do feel like I am a better person after having been at work.  I have done more than just sit around here, and I protect my time in the evenings.  I am deliberate about reading with Ethan or the big kids.  Avery and I are reading Mouse and the Motorcycle, and last night I was reading these super dorky Barbie books to Ethan and everyone, even Erin came in to listen.  It’s been good.  I am thankful.

September 2010 092

Hey, happy birthday today to Doug!  He’s 36 today…halfway to 72.

If you are reading this Doug, we love you!

*he has to work today which is a giant bummer if you ask me.  no one should have to work on their birthday.

1 comment:

randee said...

does ethan stay at home while you work? what does he do all day?