10.26.2010

sometimes it just sneaks up on you.

Halloween is one of those times of the year that I really love.  Not because of the scary-ness, but because it offers lots of chances to be creative…costumes and decorations and classroom treats…

However THIS year I totally missed Avery’s class party (Which is really inexcusable since I work in the building.  In my defense I didn’t know it was going on until the GOOD moms showed up to prepare, but when I realized what was happening, I stopped in to say hi to Avery.  She was gooey with caramel from making caramel apples and high on sugar.  She had fun without me.)

Then I was sitting in church this past Sunday when I realized that TRICK OR TREAT IS THIS WEEK!!!!!  Somehow I totally missed it.  See, it sneaks up.  Needless to say, we are resorting to currently owned costumes and creative alternatives.  I swore I was not spending any money, even on candy.  We have so much candy in the cabinet in the kitchen that I am just going to recycle it.  Hand it out.  Get rid of it in exchange for a whole new load of un-needed candy.

So anyhow, stay tuned for some already-seen costumes.  Pictures to come Thursday unless I forget to take them.  It’s a serious possibility.

1 comment:

randee said...

do you still have those coupons that the kids received last year in their bags? you can throw those in, too!