Forgive me for being a beastie lately. But consider yourselves lucky. Think about my poor family that has had to put up with Beastie Mom in real life. Feel sorry for them.
Maybe that is what I should change my blog name to. Beastie Mom with No Time For Projects Anymore. Catchy, huh?
::
I have kind of volunteered to be in charge of the newly formed “feeder program” for our Cheerleading program at school. I am the fearless co-leader of the Elementary Cheerleading Program. (new record for the number of times the word program is used in a sentence…4.) Lest you curl your nose and ask, like Doug did, why on earth I would want ONE MORE thing to do, I should probably mention that I love everything about cheerleading (except the politics involved with school sports in general, but that’s a whole other post). I love the uniforms, giant hair bows, sparkly pompoms, and cheer music. Imagine my thankfulness then when Avery, my new favorite child, said she wanted to do the cheer thing at school. We were the first to sign up and when the word came down that they needed an additional adult to help lead, well what was I supposed to say?! I have immersed myself in the search for a cute uniform (and found one for cheap that includes that super cute tight half shirt thing that they wear under their cheer tops these days). Digression…when I was a senior we got to purchase new cheer uniforms. The advisor picked them out. The tops were sleeveless sweaters. What high school senior in her right mind would want a sleeveless sweater at all, let alone as her cheer top? Ugh. When I got to college we got new uniforms my sophomore year. I was super mad that my advisor would not let me get the skirt that was 13 inches long. She said that it had to at least cover my cheeks. The nerve. (God bless anyone that was ever in charge of me, I imagine that I was at least a little difficult. I had a pretty high opinion of myself.)
Back to 2010. I will keep you up to speed with this whole cheer thing. I am really excited!!! Vicarious living is AWESOME!
1 comment:
1.you sound very SUPER excited.
2.Avery is going to make a great cheerleader.
3.you do understand that the uniforms are for the girls, right?
Post a Comment