1.01.2011

the year i ate lots of pie.

I don’t have any new year’s resolutions to share with you because I never keep them.  And I don’t have any insightful-year end-wrap up posts either.  (Actually now that I re-read this…it has sort of turned into a pseudo-insightful year end post.)

I will say that it is quiet here tonight.  Doug and the kids are all in bed sleeping and it’s only 9:30.  We had a good break from school and sports, and I am only kind of ready to get back into the schedule.  Okay, so I am really ready, but only when the kids are fighting and right now they are sleeping so I can go right ahead and justify those feelings of nostalgia.  So there. *plllthbpt*

I am thankful for 2010.  We had lots of transition that I documented on this blog.  You might remember the great home school discussion.  We were in and out of varying amounts of decidedness from February until August.  It was a wild ride.

I did some projects.  Board and batten.  I still love it.  I may love it more when it is painted.  If I ever get around to it.

The kids all grew up.  How does this keep happening right under my nose?  I keep missing it. 

Doug got old.  36.

The dogs went on to better places.  Nicer owners.  (At least I think that was in 2010.  Jack for sure, I can’t remember when Russ moved out.)

We spent lots of time with our family and friends.  We ate lots of pie.

And that’s about it.

How about some then and now-s?

THEN:

November 2009 104

NOW:

December 2010 052 

THEN:

April 2010 025

NOW:

New camera 2 049

THEN:

September 2009 055

NOW:

December 2010 056

And perhaps the biggest change…

THEN:

September 2009 083

NOW:

December 2010 054

There are no words.

No comments: