I have been sneaking in a little project here and there. Or at least starting little projects here and there. I am making a cardboard chandelier like this one. I may go crazy before I get all the pieces cut out, but if I make it through…it will be cool!
I bought a full size fitted sheet today at on clearance. I have been eyeballing table cloths for my small round table for a while now, and haven’t found anything that I like. When I saw the cute, summery striped sheet, I decided it would be a good choice. I cut the corners up to where the two sides met, and then cut off all of the elastic-y part around the edges. I wanted to get the biggest flat piece of material that I could. It’s in the washer now, and I hope that I can finish it tonight. (Erin is having two friends stay the night, and Avery is going to one of their houses to stay with her friend, one of their little sisters. Ethan is part of the “older girl” posse, so he is pretty well occupied. Owen and Doug escaped, understandably. So, I may be able to squeak out some time to sew tonight.)
While we were at the store today, I saw all of the parents buying Easter basket stuff. I said to Avery, “Dad and I didn’t get you guys anything for Easter.” With her eyebrows raised she said back to me, “or did you…?” Like I was trying to play some game with her. I told her, “No Avery, seriously, we didn’t even think about it!” And we seriously didn’t. We have never really gone big for Easter. I think we have done baskets once. Last year I did little buckets, or maybe that was two years ago. Anyhow, I told her that maybe we could all just go do something fun together. We decided that was a better idea. Phew.
I gave a rocking tour of the school today to a prospective family. I totally sold it. Too bad there is no bonus program or commission for staff.
Owen got a 96% on his science test today!
Only six weeks or so until we get our chicks. Wait, have I told you we are getting chicks? Yes!!! It’s exciting, and I can’t wait. They come on June 6th. Six baby girls. Three Rhode Island Reds and three Ameracaunas. Cheep Cheep.
No comments:
Post a Comment