3.22.2007

I'd like to be a runner, please.

I am more and more convinced that any activity that I try to get involved in only makes me more of a consumer. Ask me two weeks ago, I would have told you that I hated running, was never a distance runner, and will not ever enjoy running. Now, I am following a training schedule for this 5K, and reading every running magazine that Doug has ever purchased. I "need" new running shoes, even though the ones I have are less than three months old. I need a Timex Ironman watch. It's important to keep track of my 15 minute miles :) I also read an article today about running clothing, and how, as women, what we wear affects how we feel. So now, you guessed it, I need some authentic running clothes. This particular article talked about this marathon skirt. For those of you who are civilians a marathon is 26.2 (i think) miles. I doubt that I'll ever participate in one. But the skirt, now that I need. I might be slow, but at least I'll be slow and cute.

No comments: