I am getting pumped for school. We have been slowly purchasing supplies. Buying school supplies is one of my favorite things. I was able to get a teacher rewards card at staples, which allows me to purchase 15 of any item that has a limit. Example...they had 15 count box pencils, folders on sale for 1 cent each. They each had a limit of 2 or 3, but I got 15 of each. Left with two bags full of stuff, and my total was 33 cents. The other day I got rulers for 5 cents. We have an ample stash of pens/crayons/colored pencils thanks to Diana. What a tremendous idea!! Thank you so much!
We have a new parent orientation next week, I'm looking forward to that. Our shipments of books/workbooks/computer/etc should start arriving soon. Our official first day of school is August 27th. Our school room will start to take shape over the next few weeks also. I'll post a picture as soon as it's done.
I've been busy sewing lately. Making these cute bags, inspired by a new friend, Julie. I also started *trying* to knit. I got a few books at the library on knitting and crocheting. I have been struggling through. I picked up one kids knitting book that has been the most helpful resource. Not quite sure what that says about me. My camera batteries are dead, or I'd post a picture of the bags and knitting attempt. Give me a few days.
Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have applied for a job at a furniture store that will be opening aournd the corner from my house. I think that I will really like it, if I am hired. If not, plan B is a job at the local *starbucks wannabe* coffee shop. We'll see. I applied at Kohl's, with no luck. Am I not the model Kohl's employee?? I will not show up to work dressed like a skank, and I will not call off to go party with my friends on Friday night. I am normal, average. I will probably spend the better part of my paycheck at Kohl's. But no. Their loss. I haven't been back to shop. Mini boycott of sorts. I even asked to see the manager when I dropped off my application, and he said that the hiring man would call me the next week for an interview. Two weeks and two phone calls from me later, and no word. Poop. Something will turn up. I am just glad that this is a luxury of sorts for me. I can't imagine needing a job and having trouble getting one.
TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment