12.19.2007

By now you are all gone.


I am fully ashamed of my absence from this lovely blog. Those of you who count on me to provide you with a substantial dose of Adkins-ness, can now rest assured that I am back in full swing.

We had our pictures taken recently and they turned out great. Meredith captured the kids perfectly, and I couldn't be happier. I now need to purchase stock in a picture frame company, because I "need" so many big frames to put the pictures in. Hint, hint.....just kidding...sort of.


I am chomping at the bit for Cmas to get here. I even did some baking *gasp* and have moved my christmas tree to a total of three different locations in my living room. I am pretty sure that I am finally happy with where it is. No more shopping for me either. Totally done now, having purchased one crank flashlight two days ago. Hip hip hooray. Everything is wrapped too, except for that flashlight, and I am out of paper. I may have to get creative.


Erin reminded me just the other day of the April fool's joke that we played on the kids last year. We must have been going somewhere that day, but we told the kids that we were taking them all to the doctor to get their shots for Spring Fever. They totally believed us. he he he.


And one more small anticdote...We like to watch Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild. A couple weeks ago, he was in the Sahara Desert and ended up killing a goat with the tribe of desert nomads. It's a big deal, I guess, to eat the testicles of the goat, and so they showed the goat's skinned body, testicles and all. Owen wanted to know what they were eating, and so I told him that it was the goat's privates, the bottom part called testicles. He wondered if he had them, and I said yes. He knows the word penis, but had never heard testicle. So then, (you know what's coming) Avery piped up and asked if she had testicles. Bless her. The blissful ignorance of a six year old. Can't that just continue on forever?

No comments: