1.05.2008

We are only what we hate.

Owen had his first basketball game today. We were unsure how he would do, but I am proud to say that he scored six points, not that we were counting. The first time he scored Doug and I both shouted and woo-hooed and made a huge deal. Then we apologized to the guy next to us. We are the parents that we make fun of. Loud and annoying and way too encouraging :) I tried to be as obnoxious for the other boys on the team too. The game was a huge success and we made sure that Owen knew how great we thought he did. He got the grey star to put on his jersey for best defense. It may not mean much because everyone gets one for something, but I had a smug smile as we walked out. Click below for a video, by Erin, of one of Owen's baskets. His shot is at the very end of the clip.

No comments: