Ethan got a basketball hoop for his birthday. It is by far his favorite thing right now, "basket hoop" is how he refers to it. We were playing the other day and he threw me his ball and said, "take a shot mom!"
Yesterday Ethan was in bed and the girls were playing together. Owen was hanging out with me while I was getting some cleaning done. He had a plastic tee ball bat and was shooting it through the net on Ethan's hoop. Being the creative genius that he is, he decided to come up with a word for what he was doing. He mixed Shoot and Hit. So here I am in the kitchen, while Owen is in the living room yelling "sh*t" every time he makes a shot with the bat. He had absolutely no clue that he was saying anything that he shouldn't be. I asked him what he said and he told me, and also explained how he had come up with the new word. I tried my level best not to laugh, although I am sure I cracked a smile. I told him that he shouldn't say that anymore because it is a swear word. He looked like a deer in the headlights, poor thing. How wonderful to be so young and innocent that you don't even know the swear words.
No comments:
Post a Comment