I was just reading back through some of my older posts. (How fun to see the kids changing and growing!) One thing that I noticed about myself is that I apologize...a lot. For silly things. I wonder what that means about me. With apologies to my parents *he he*, what sort of childhood trauma has caused this obsessive apology issue. I remember one Christmas when I was in college, my dad and I drove to Key West for vacation. He told me on that trip that I apologized too much, when I didn't need to. Guess what I said...yep. Sorry.
I take a small amount of pride in the fact that I readily admit when I am wrong and am quick to offer a sorry when needed. But how do I break this crazy habit of being sorry all of the time. I shouldn't really be sorry for being me, for the way that I am, should I? Hmmm.
On a side note, our church is doing VBS this week. It's called MEGA Sports Camp. I was recruited to be one of the Cheerleading Head Coaches. I had to learn cheers and a dance from a DVD. Let me just say that my 32 year old self is not the same as my 19 year old self. This has been a sad realization for me. The kids sat on the couch and laughed. Mongrels.
Last night was the first night, and the little girls were fun. One hugged me and said I was the best cheerleader ever. They guessed how old I was...most of them got close. What is that about? One girl guessed 40, and one 51. WHAT? When I told them 32, they said..."oh, my mom is 31 or 30 or my dad is 35 or my mom is older than my dad."
While I certainly don't feel old, I think a few grains of youthful sand have slipped through my fingers this week. Hopefully a few grains of maturity have fallen in to take their place.
And for those of you who wonder what kinds of cheers you do at church, here you go!
Hip Hop Jesus Rocks,
Let me see that left foot drop.
Boom, shake it out, shake it out,
Boom, shake it out, shake it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment