Given my new freedom I am spending some time tweaking my blog. I was looking for a picture of myself to use as my profile picture. We have literally thousands of pictures on this computer...none of them are of me. Not any that are acceptable anyhow. There are several pictures of me sleeping. When did that happen? Anyhow, I am now on a mission to improve the family photos. We don't take enough, and when we do, they are always of just the kids. We can do better.
Owen had his school program on Tuesday. If you know Owen at all, you know that being in front of a crowd of any size, is not his thing. He did a good job, though. He was the sign holder for Ten Lords a Leaping. I asked him if he had to jump across the stage when his part came up. No. For a few days I would break out in the "Ten Lords a Leaping" line from the song at random times to him. He was a good sport about it all. He even smiled *a little*. I love to see him do something out of his comfort zone, especiallly when he can experience some success.
There were several groupings of balloons on the stage, and Mrs. Cost (the music teacher) said that each class had a drawing to see who got to take a bunch of balloons home. Guess who won for Mrs. Johnson's class. Yep. Owen. I told Mrs. Johnson that children with siblings should have been excluded from the drawing. She (whom I love, but who also only has one daughter, one year old) said, "Oh the kids will love them, Ethan can play with them." Owen, of course, felt like he had sole ownership of the balloons, and since there were 8 of them, the girls thought that they should get to have one. Avery was mad. Ethan couldn't have cared less whose they were, he just wanted them all. *sigh* Those balloons caused more trouble than they were worth. Owen had to get in trouble because he shoved Avery back while she was touching them, after he had asked her to back up like 50 times. On a positive note, Owen said that it was so cool that he won, because he had never won any kind of drawing before.
I am off to get some supplies today for the craft-athon tomorrow. I can't wait to show you all of the cool things that we are making!! Check back Sunday or Monday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment