...then I might actually appreciate all of these lovely snow days. Already tonight both the kid's schools have called with the "severe weather, no school tomorrow" message. And for some reason I am still up at nearly midnight, writing on this blog. We are going to have to get out tomorrow and do something. Library or pizza or something. Erin has started on her science fair project, and we need some potting soil. That's one thing we can get out and do. I'll post some pics of the project underway tomorrow.
The kids shoveled the neighbor's driveway today. Erin had done it the last time it snowed, too. I think that she was secretly anticipating payment, but didn't get any. Today, she knocked on the door to tell them that she wasn't done, but she was cold and so she would come back to finish later. They gave her six bucks, which I told her she should share with Owen and Avery since they helped a little. One dollar each was fair for them, because she did most of the work.
And on a side note, we had an unfortunate Nintendo DS accident yesterday. One fell into the toilet as it was being flushed. At this point it is on the counter drying out. Doug says there may be chance of it still working if we let it totally dry before turning it on. The game that was in it is ok. I know this for sure because I found one in the dryer once. Had been washed and dryed. Those things are around $30each. I was sure it was wasted, but, it worked fine. SO here's hoping that the DS is ok too. I'll let you know.
1 comment:
I heard that you could dry out a wet cell phone by putting it into a container of rice for a few days. I guess somehow the rice soaks up the water??? Not sure about the details, but maybe it will work on the DS?
Good luck!!
Post a Comment