1.10.2009

Winter Quarter

Back in the saddle with three classes again this quarter. Public Speaking, Cultural Anthropology, Intermediate Algebra.
I was curious as to how one takes a public speaking class online...as it turns out it is actually going to be quite the pain in the rear. I have to tape my speeches, which would be fine except that I have to have an audience of 5 adults. Five people I could handle. It just so happens that I have a spare five people just laying around my house. But five adults is another matter altogether. I'll make it work, but I plan on complaining the entire time.
I am on the hunt for a laptop too. I found some on craigs list, and I think that one will work out, but I have to admit that I am leery. I was supposed to meet some guy this morning to pick one up, but the weather here stinks. So I called him to say I couldn't make it and he had this crazy headbanger ringback tone on his cell. He said he needed to sell the computer to pay bills, which is fine, and his name is Tyler, so he seems harmless enough. Plus we were meeting in a Wendy's parking lot in the middle of the day. But still...I'm not too sorry that I couldn't go. Doug is meeting him tomorrow so if he's a psycho it's not such a big deal.

No comments: