I had some rotting bananas on my counter that I have almost tossed three times. I decided to make some bread with them today, and I found this good recipe on www.elise.com/recipes/
There is a yummy looking carrot cake for those of you who are more ambitious than I am. I am only motivated by rotting fruit.
The recipe:
Smash 3-4 ripe bananas in a bowl.
Add 1/3 cup melted butter and mix.
Add 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you'd like it), 1 egg beaten and 1t. vanilla and mix.
Sprinkle 1t. of baking soda and a pinch of salt over the batter and do a cartwheel and sing the national anthem and then mix. (skip the cartwheel and singing, that was a joke)
Add 1 and 1/2 cups of flour and mix.
The recipe didn't call for any additional spices, but I added some pumpkin pie spice. Feel free to embellish as you'd like. Nuts would also be good. I didn't have any.
Grease a 4x8 loaf pan, and pour the batter in.
Bake at 350 for one hour.
Of course, then cool on a rack, or cut and eat and burn your mouth because you are like me and can't wait for it to cool.
Let me know how it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment