2.23.2009

Lent.

Do you observe lent? I can remember when I worked in the bank that people would come in on Ash Wednesday with the smudge on their forehead. The first time I saw it I thought that it was there by mistake and almost said something to the lady. When she left I asked someone, and they explained it.
I had always assumed it was a catholic thing, and so I had never given it much thought. However, our pastor gave a ver compelling message on Sunday about Lent and why we should observe it. I'll add a link to the podcast when it is available on the church's site. I encourage you to research Lent if you are like me and don't know what it is all about. Listen to the sermon when it's up here.
I am praying and thinking about what I feel called to sacrifice this Lent season. It's my first time experiencing this, so I don't know what to expect, but I know that God is faithful and He has my best interest at heart.

1 comment:

Beth said...

On Wed. @ Heritage they are having a service to receive your ash mark. 6:30 AM or 7 pm. I think Rob and I are going to try and make the AM service.