3.10.2009

Dare I say it?

I think we have had the world's easiest potty training experience. And all this after I just had three seperate conversations in the past three days about how I wasn't going to even think about trying with Ethan until the quarter was over and the weather was nicer. We had been building up how when he is three (in 4 months) that he would be a big boy and big boys use the potty and won't that be cool and blah blan blah.
Then yesterday morning he said that he wanted to use the potty, and at first I blew him off because he has said that before. But he went, and so I thought it wouldn't hurt to let him try some underwear. All day yesterday he only had three pee accidents, and one poop accident. We were really pleased, and he even took his nap with dry undies when he woke up. He and I went out to Target and picked up a potty seat that fits on the big toilet, and some playdoh for being a big boy. We were out for about an hour and a half, and he was dry the whole time.
Now this morning, he has even gone in the bathroom by himself twice to go, without telling me or asking for help. No accidents so far today.
I am holding my breath and pinching myself because this cannot possibly be so simple. If I had known that the last time we bought diapers was indeed our last time buying them, I would have celebrated a little!

****added at 11:21 am: So much for tooting my super parenting horn. In the hour or so since this post, we have had one poop and two pee accidents, and one tantrum because of a toilet paper rationing.*******

No comments: