4.20.2009

Saddest day.

I am so sorry to say that last night at about 9:30 I realized that my diamond had fallen out of my engagement ring. Just thinking about it makes me sad. I know that it was intact at lunch time yesterday because we grilled burgers for lunch, and I took my rings off to smush the burgers together. After that I washed my hands and put them back on. It looks so odd with no diamond in my ring, that I know I would have noticed then. So, sometime between lunch and bed, it fell out. Here are the things that I did after lunch...possible locations of the missing rock.
  • Outside playing with kids and pups.
  • At Erin's softball pracitce.
  • At the gas station.
  • In the washer or dryer, since I did laundry all day.
  • Back outside with the kids and pups.
  • Under the deck, where I had to crawl in to get the pups because it was raining and they hid.
  • The living room floor, where I was sitting when I realized it was gone.
I was telling the kids this morning, so that if they would happen to spot it somewhere, they would know to get it {I know, fat chance}. Avery wanted to know why I couldn't just get another one. I told her that it was a special gift from daddy to me when he asked me if I would marry him. *sniff* She understood, she's a special girl. She puffed her lip out, like a sad pout. I know that I could get another one, but it's something that you want to have, always. When we are old, I want to say...hey, remember when we were just two young kids, and you gave me this and we said forever and ever.

*sigh*

:(

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm pouting & crying too. I remember when he showed it to me, mom & dad...we cried with joy. Then he put it back in his car, the white VW, and we all went to Pizza Hut on 161 with your sister and mom. I think someone else was there, but I'm not sure. We were all nervous about it being in the car. I think he brought it in the house later.